Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bloggy Christmas Tour of Homes

Whew! Finally finished decorating the outside of the house... just in time for BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes!!! I couldn't fit the whole yard into one picture, so here's two... one of the front of the house and then the side yard.




Ok, stop gasping... that isn't my house! It is the tackiest decorated house I could find in the area! LOL! Seems like I'm really into jokes these days.... haha! I can't imagine their electricity bill! wow! Who would do that to a house? And the really scary part is... this house is decorated for Halloween and Thanksgiving much the same way! The kids love it, but I am a bit scared... LOL!


So anyway, this is what my house looks like at night:


Nothing. Nothing on the outside of my house whatsoever that looks like Christmas. I-am-ashamed. I DO have lights. Brand new lights. They are still in their boxes nicely packaged. Maybe next year.

We do have decorations in the house though. A few. It's been kinda hectic around here, so I'm glad to have up what I do. Here's what's going on in the inside of the house:


Our tree! We did get the tree up. It's a bit top-heavy with the ornaments because every time one would come off the tree (thank you, Nathan) I'd put it up higher so he couldn't take it off again. Let me also point out the cranberry strand at the bottom. Nathan fell into the tree from off the hearth! (My wild child and the least cooperative it seems.)

It isn't the prettiest of trees, but it's ours and instead of a woman's touch, it's got a boy's touch, and another's boy's touch, and almost another's. (Can't wait to see what next year's tree will turn out like! Instead of the five finger discount, I'll be dealing with the six fingers snatch - my ornaments don't have a chance! Oh my!)




The stockings are hung by the chimney with care...



And here are a few decorated pieces from around the house. Nothing spectacular, but pretty... I think. I keep my pretty glass ball ornaments up and away from little fingers. :)



Candlesticks in the foyer; simple and nice.



I love snowmen. This guy is by the front door to greet visitors. His hat should be filled with m.n.m.s or something, but since we're dairy free around here, it's empty.



Every time Will walks by him though, he puts the hat on his head. It's a bit of a decorating struggle between Will and I; he likes it one way I like it another! Who knew that at age 5 he'd be so interested in how things are done! :)



And that's about it for decorations in my house; however, if you'd like to see more about what we've done cooking and craft wise this holiday season, click here for the full tour.


Hope you'll stick around and come back soon! Merry Christmas!

28 comments:

Meredith said...

You had me giggling. :) I love all of your pretty stockings. As a SAHM of two boys, I can only imagine your daily battles, especially over the holiday decorations. Nothing is safe in my home! Merry Christmas!

Christi said...

LOL - the beginning of your post had me cracking up!

Thanks for sharing!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I like the bow at the top of your tree....very nice!

Come for a tour of my place: Circle of Life

Hootin Anni said...

Love the old world style you have chosen for decor. That clock on the mantle is really sweet!!! [and the night photo of all your lights? LOVE it!!!]

Mine's posted. I have two versions.

A thumbnail short version
and
a
slide show long version.

ellen b. said...

Now that was a fun and funny tour for sure! I love your humor..
I think that snowman with the hat is fabulous...

Jodi said...

Very festive! Thanks for letting me into your home. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

This is the second time this week I've stumbled upon your blog.

Thanks for making me laugh!! :) what a great sense of humor!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your little snowguy!!

amanda in taiwan

Angel said...

Love your blog's title - I have 5 boys myself :-) Thanks for the tour!

My name is Dianna said...

You are too funny!
Our yards look much the same, whew--I am not the only one...last year I braved it alone, but I have decided that big, fat pregnant women need not be on very tall ladders to hang our very simple lights:), so when dear hubby has the time off he'll get around to it. Beside, I am with you I like my nice low utility bill. Plus, we just had the priviledge of paying a plumber an ungodly amount of money to replace our sewer line-decorating outside has not been at the top of the to-do list! Yucko! So if anyone would like to bring their kids to a giant dirt yard to build castles, be my guest the damage has been done;)...so lovely the yard looks with roots sticking out of that path, happily dug up by a bull-doozer/scooper thing...

But our we are most importantly working on decorating our hearts to make them fit for Him!
Merry Christmas!

Jenni said...

Fuuuuuunny...I was wondering what spin I was gonna put on my compliment for your outdoors, LOL!

Anyway, your actual outdoor shot looks exactly like ours.

I loved the tour! Thank you for sharing; you have a lovely and blessed home!

Lisa said...

You got me!
I totally had my mouth hanging open at the outside of your 'house' and I felt so bad about making fun of inflatables on my blog.
Haha, that was good...you are quite the trickster lately!

Loved your tour, you have a beautiful mantel and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the glass jars with the ornamants!

I'll send ya an email later with the photo questions!

Unknown said...

I love all those little boys, your Christmas must be awesome with those cute little guys on Christmas morning. Your home looks so beautiful. Merry Christmas, karen

Southern Heart said...

I love your decorations...and your delightful sense of humor! Enjoy those special boys--I have two, and they grow up very quickly! Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Andrea

Holly said...

You had me with the house photos! Wow, is all I can say about that. Your real home is beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Jenna said...

The balls up high away from little fingers are beautiful!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Love the decorations, especially the ornament filled glass jars.

Tamara said...

I was really struggling to figure out what to say when I commented on your house so I was relieved that I would not have to say anything about the outside of your house. I like your decorations inside - i get such a kick out of your tree. You are a great mom to relax about the tree.

Kim said...

Enjoyed my visit. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I love the decorations around the house and the tree is just darling, hey, thats what boys are for huh LOL.

Unknown said...

Lovely tour - first bit - hilarious. Thanks for the giggle.

Merry Christmas to you and yours from Northern Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I was thinking the same thing as everyone else-wow, they really outdid themselves for the tour!
Your house looks sweet as do your boys. I'm the only girl with 3 brothers, but our ages are all over the place. It was fun sometimes, not so much other times.

Mercy's Maid said...

You just cracked me up. I thought.."You know, I always try to say something nice about the decorations I come across on this tour and so far I've found something I like at every house. But the outside of this house is over the top!" As you can see if you read my blog, my post today is full of pictures of tacky outdoor lights. Your neighbor's house could have definitely made the list!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

P.S.-Your tree is lovely.

Parkison Family said...

Hey..that's my house!!! Just kidding. Thanks for sharing!

Cherdecor said...

Thank you for inviting us in to view all your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so beautiful, warm and festive. Love your boys too!

Nise' said...

Too funny..but we have a home just like that one around the corner and I wonder about the electric bill each time I drive past.

Anonymous said...

Have a very merry Christmas with your three boys! We had three boys before our two girls. It's all kinds of craziness and loudness, but so fun, huh?

Totallyscrappy said...

chuckling...
I have three boys as well and I loved your whole post!

(BTW... the pic of them in the "My Brother Did It" tshirts had me laughing. For Halloween last year my boys wore Frankenstein heads and tshirts that said, "My Brother's a Monster." :))

Please stop by!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Your boys are cuties!