Monday, September 22, 2008

Unplugged Project - Hard

I will say that deciding on a Hard Unplugged Project was not easy. I had so many thoughts in mind from easy to hard. Jeff suggested something with concrete, and I thought that was a great idea, but Nathan was at Grandmother's house and if we were going to do imprints of hands or feet I wanted him here for that. Then I thought about hard-back books and just having a good ol' fashioned reading session.

I finally decided to do something easy with something hard: Dominoes.


In fact it took me so long to decide what to do that we ended up doing this project this morning before school. However, the tv was never mentioned this morning and that's the whole point of the unplugged projects!

So here's the fun we had this morning:

The set-up...



And the fall (original (very) short-story by Will):




Up again...


And down again (notice the Will make the engine huff & puff before he knocks them all down)...




We did this a few more times with some variations and then Will then decided to build a house out of dominoes:


And then we had to leave for school. I might have taken the easy way out with Hard, but we enjoyed our few minutes together.

The End. :)

post signature

8 comments:

So Smrt said...

Oh, the pushing the train idea is cool! I LOVE domino topples...I think I'll build one for E with her trains.

Dana said...

Great idea! I should bring out our dominos since it's collecting dust anyways.

Kelly said...

my son would love this, as he loves building with blocks and knocking them over.
I may steal, uhem...borrow this idea from you.
THANKS for sharing.

Michie said...

Most of the time the simplest projects are the most successful around here! Nothing wrong with anything that helps you enjoy a few moments together!

This Girl loves to Talk said...

what a great idea.. my girls like to push dominoes.. I might suggest this one to them.. they will love it

Gottfredsen said...

So Fun and thanks for the great idea. I am going to have to try this one.

Anonymous said...

Those videos are so cute! I love the train noises.

I am so glad that you joined in this week and your post is a wonderful reminder of how simple things can be so fun. Honestly, what could be better than knocking over dominoes?

Thanks!

reprehriestless warillever said...

Very cool!

I love your attitude about the project -- the point is to do something simple together.

My son is getting int the habit of flipping on the vcr in the morning. I need to nip that one in the bud.... so hard to get everyone going in the morning when the "box" is drawing their attention.