Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's Smoother than a Smoothie?

After the fiasco with my first attempt at the Unplugged Project Smooth, Jeff came up with what now seems like an obvious project: Ice Cream Smoothies!



I do believe this is the most money I've spent on an Unplugged Project, but the whole thing was a family effort. First, we all went to the grocery store together (don't let me do that again, though!).

At home, we supervised the boys while they cut the fruit:



Will made the first smoothie. He chose vanilla ice cream, bananas and strawberries.


Nathan was next. He chose chocolate ice cream, banana, peach, strawberry and spinach. Yes, spinach. :)


(Jeff and I made some, too, in different variations.)


S M o o o o o o T H





post signature

4 comments:

Tracy said...

MMM looks yummy although I'm not sure about the spinach:) My kids love smoothies and their so easy to make dairy free.

Anonymous said...

So do you have to keep trying at the unplugged project until you get it right--or did you just feel like redoing this one?

I have to say that while the smoothies looked good, seeing the soy milk carton with it took away some of my appetite. I've just never been able to develop a taste for soy milk. I'm fine with tofu and other soy products, but the milk just doesn't do it for me.

I'm praying for Witt whenever I remember--can't wait to hear how the testing turns out.

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

bekahcubed ~

I decided to do another unplugged project because the boys didn't get to do anything but eat the first one. I like to do a project that they can get involved in, too... as much as possible. The caramel apples didn't involve them much at all (however, they were "unplugged" playing in the sandbox together!) :)

As for the soy milk, I RARELY and I do mean RARELY drink it straight - even the vanilla flavored variety (cow's milk, though, I could down 3 glasses a day easily). Silk has a strange aftertaste to me, but it is easier to cook with than other milk alternatives (IMHO).

Thank you so much for your prayers. I can't tell you how much it means to me. Seriously. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I thought the caramel apples were a great project, now you have outdone yourself! Those smoothies look yummy, even the spinach one. I love how pleased Nathan looks cutting his fruit. He must have felt very grown-up! Thanks for joining in...again!