Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just In Time Part II




Part 2 of Question 1:

What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him?

To be honest, speaking out for Christ was a bit easier when I was a new Christian with the flow of excitement for a Savior; I wanted to tell everyone. I wanted everyone to feel the warmth and wonderfulness I did.

To be further honest, it was easier to speak out for Christ when I wasn't a SAHM and when most of my friends weren't Christian. Back then I actually had someone to talk to and plant seeds in. HOLD THE PHONE.... WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I really thought about what I just wrote. Of course I was thinking more of adults in my previous sentence, but I DO have 3 little "someones" I can talk to and plant seeds with E.V.E.R.Y. D.A.Y. and I'm not doing it as well as I should.

What is at stake if I don't speak out for Him? Souls. Four of them. Mine and my boys. I may not be able to tackle the "outside world" very much, but I have a responsibility to the people I do have access to and I certainly have access to my sweet little boys. I will have to answer to God for the lack of training. It's not someone else's job, although I will certainly take the help of our church family.

Speaking out for God is part of my job as a SAHM. Granted, I do live my life as an example to my children and I've got all the "obvious" bases covered: no drinking, swearing, smoking, etc... and we go to worship and bible study regularly, fellowship with the body of Christ, give generously of our means, teach classes, etc....

But how often do we SPEAK OUT for God in our own home. Of course we pray and I'll occasionally make the comment that "God doesn't want us to lie (or whatever the problem is)," but do we as parents really make the everyday presence of God known to our children?

Jeff and I have been talking about this a lot lately... making God more a part of our family. He is here, but we don't acknowledge him enough.

Wow. I feel like a huge light bulb just went off in my head.

What are some things you do to make God an active part of your family? What kind of training do you do with your children?

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.



I am loving this bible study, but want to keep this thought going in my head, so I will answer the remaining questions later....

2. Can you honestly describe yourself as a woman with a 'yes' in her spirit? If not, what keeps you from this?

3. Do you recognize any circumstances in your life which could be described as an 'unrecurring event'? Have you ever said 'no' to one and watched God use someone else instead?

4. Are you in an emotionally and spiritually healthy place? If yes, how are you using this freedom to minister to others? If no, what do you feel is holding you in your Egypt?

post signature

No comments: