Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday the 13th

The day went just like a Friday the 13th should... horribly. Nothing went right. Nothing was easy. One boy wanted his pancakes cut up. One not cut up and no syrup. Another with syrup in between the pacakes and on top. Each boy wanted his fruit sliced or cut in a different way. Each boy was VERY DEMANDING on Friday. It was awful and it was not my most patient of days.

School was slow. Will complained more than usual about writing and eventually broke into tears. "Mama, maybe school is just not for me!" Which led to a conversation about how it's the United States law that children get an education - whether at home or in a school building.

We talked a little bit about how if I'm not doing my job and if he'd learn better with someone else then maybe we should consider going back to school. I try to be open to that possibility and let him know that it's his choice; I don't want to force the issue either way. In the end he calmed down a bit and said he'd rather stay home.

And then there was another upheaval after another upheaval. I don't even remember what happened, but it sent ME to my room behind locked door in tears. :(

Thankfully, my MIL called shortly after that suggesting we go out to the new splash pad before naps. It was dreadfully hot, but we needed to get out of the house and burn off this morning's trials. So we dropped (inside) school for the rest of the morning and went out for some fun (AKA Physical Education)! ;)






post signature

1 comment:

bekahcubed said...

Oh, Becky--I feel for you. Some days are just that way. I remember my mom tersely telling my sister to watch the little kids because she was going for a walk. "You kids are driving me up the WALLS" she'd say as she left.

Which generally meant we'd get quite a talking to when Dad got home from work. We were not supposed to drive her up the walls--but we weren't always that great at following instructions.