Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WayO Bee



Nathan (3 1/2) had been outside in the sandbox. When he came in, I helped him get his boots off, which had at least a good handful of sand in them. He started dumping them out in the sunroom. I tried to stop him, "No, Nathan! Not in the house. Your boots are full of sand!"

Nathan's matter-o-fact reply, "No, just a little bit." (It took me a minute to realize he wasn't trying to be sassy... just literal.) {grin}



Witt (2) picked up a cooked elbow noodle, looked at it and said, "Foe?" (phone?)

Then he placed it to his ear and said, "Hey Woe?" (hello?)

This lead to a three boys conversation at the dinner table on "foes". It was really cute!

*****

When searching for an item in the house, we like to sing a little song. For instance, if we are looking for Witt's stuffed frog:

Where, Oh where, Oh where is frog?

Where, Oh where, Oh where is frog?

Where, Oh where, Oh where is frog?

Where could frog be?

Witt thinks this is the best! He comes singing it to me just for fun: "WayOWayOWayOWayOWayO Beeeeee"


He also likes to help me sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He fills in the last word of each line:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

How I wonder what you Star

Up above the world so Star

Like a diamond in the Star

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

How I wonder what you Star


******************

Will (6 1/2) has been kind of repetitive this week upon meeting someone (whether he knows them or not), "Hey, look! I've got a mohawk!"

(I'm not posting a pic of him here to make you click the link.) {hee hee}


post signature

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOVE the Twinkle Twinkle Version! He has the "best" word down now :)

Happy TTT! Hope you have a good one.