Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolutions: Reading

I want to read more books this year. I want to spend less time in front of the computer. Thanks to PaperbackSwap, I have lots of fun books waiting to be read!

PaperBackSwap.com - Book Club to Swap, Trade & Exchange Books for Free.


In 2010, I want to

  • read every children's book in the house. I'm tired of reading the same ones over and over and over again. It's time introduce some "new blood" into our reading routine! :)
  • reread Mitten Strings for God. I have been working on my 2008 (yes, 2008) blog book and rereading my Simple & Slow Friday posts. I had forgotten how much I really enjoy that book and how it puts my role as a mother into perspective. A MUST READ!
  • Lies Women Believe. I don't know that I'll finish this or not, I'll have to wait and see what it's really all about. I'm very sensitive to *Christian* books. If I don't agree with an author's use of words right off the bat, I generally don't finish the book. I'm very conservative in my beliefs.
  • finish Nourishing Traditions. I'm 3/4 through. I started this January 2008 and this book has totally changed to way I view food. HIGHLY recommended!

My reward for reading these books? To purchase Eat Fat, Lose Weight. (Unless I earn enough Swagbucks to get it free first!)

post signature

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Seeing as though I have read half of the books on your list and enjoyed them, I have a feeling I would enjoy the rest of them as well. We are so much alike :)

Thanks for the list - I'm trying to read at least one book a month this year and needed some ideas. Mitten Strings is next on my list!

bekahcubed said...

I can't say how comforting it is to realize how long it's taking you to get through Nourishing Traditions. I had to take it back to the Interlibrary Loan Office before I'd finished more than the first 50 or so pages.

I posted my initial thoughts on my December "What's on Your Nightstand" post. I'm hoping to get it on loan again another (or a couple more) times this year so I can explore its claims in more depth.