Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Grounded

It's been stressful around here lately. Three boys running wild, the sun coming up early, schedule changes, and attitude. Lots of attitude... and not just from Will. Me. I've been a grump. My body is holding so much stress from these summer days that you can probably see it radiating from me.

Last night, Jeff saw it because he told me to go out and buy some comfort food. He knew I'd be going for chocolate and he requested milk. Real milk. So, I took him up on his request and came back with:

Reese's Layered Cookies

Fudge Rounds
Two small jugs of milk

Now, I haven't had a sip of milk in almost 7 months. It actually wasn't all that flavorful to me and now I don't miss it so much. Which is good... the bad is that I'm worried what my stomach will do with all the new protein. I suppose there is a price to pay for being a glut. When/how did life get so stressful that I thought I needed to bring milk into my house?!!! (Click here for why we don't.)

So where does the title Grounded fit in here? Well, I'm grounding myself from blogging until I have an attitude adjustment. I'm going to spend time with my kids, my hubbs, and my house. I'm looking for a life overhaul right now and I need to focus on what I need to focus on.

I don't want this:



I want this (just with all smiling faces! LOL!):

post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take all the time you need! We'll be here when you get back!

Pat said...

Boys ruled my life, too, for many years, but now all three are grown up with wives and two with sons. It seems to have flown by, those years of boys ruling my life. I can really identify with you...hang in there!

Pat VanderBeek in California

Super B's Mom said...

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) to you!! Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky - I know that it is hard sometimes. Do you have an ipod? Everyday, I MUST find time to refuel - the ipod is great for that! I have many songs - also Beth Moore - great for that refuel!
Hang in there!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Get your tank refueled...,perhaps not with milk though :)
You need a break - go for it! See you later.

Unknown said...

Did you just ground yourself? This must be serious stuff! Have a good break and we cannot wait to see all your smiles when you return! ; )

reprehriestless warillever said...

I completely understand, and may need to ground myself soon.

Your boys are so handsome, especially when they smile.

Kayris said...

Wonderful picture! Thanks for posting it, it's always great to put a face with the name.

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I am new to your blog. Today I feel like a grouch and my fudge brownie cheesecake is calling me. I could have not read your blog at a better time.

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Thank you everyone for all your kind words!! It's so nice to have such supportive friends. :)

4funboys said...

I just spent the last 48 hours with 6 very loud, busy boys on a "road trip"... and I've decided... instead of grounding them for the rest of the week...

I'm grounding myself to my bedroom (with LOTS of chocolate and bubbles for my bath)... and not letting anyone in, for ANY reason... for at least 48 hours!

How does that sound?

Yeah, it won't work for me either... but it's sure a nice thought!