Friday, August 8, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten


Well, if you're here to read how Will's first day of Kindergarten went after all those grand preparations, you're probably going to be as disappointed as I was. Not that he didn't have a great day... because he did! That's just all of the details I got out of him.

Me: How was your first day?
Will: Great!
Me: Did you make new friends?
Will: Yes.
Me: What are their names?
Will: I'm not sure.
Me: Who did you sit next to?
Will: I'm not sure.
Me: Did you color with crayons?
Will: Of course.
Me: Did you write with a pencil?
Will: No.
Me: Did you eat all of your lunch?
Will: Yes.
Me: Did you eat lunch in your classroom or the cafeteria?
Will: The cafeteria.
Me: Did the other kids bring their lunch or buy it?
Will: Some brought it, but most bought it.
Me: What did the other kids eat?
Will: I don't know.
Me: Did you go to the gym?
Will: Yes.
Me: Did you learn a new game?
Will: Yes.
Me: What was it?
Will: I'm not sure.
Me: Well, did you have fun?
Will: Yep.

And that was it.

Pretty much the same as last year in preschool. I think I need to stop asking yes/no questions, although even when I don't... he doesn't give a real answer. Hmf. He's gonna be one of those that I have to pull teeth to get anything out of...


post signature

8 comments:

3boys247 said...

Yes, that is a typical boy conversation. Now we play the "3 great things" game around the dinner table. Everyone gets a turn to talka bout 3 great things that happened at school, work, etc. Any trick to get these boys to talk!

Unknown said...

And that's how it will be from now on. I have a 15 year old and our conversations about school are just.like.that!

Anonymous said...

My girls do the same thing!

I ask "what did you do today?"
Response: "nothing" from both of them. I expected it when they were older, but not at 4 & 5.

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

Amen to Beth's comment, four down the road with the youngest at 12, its always that way....loved chatting with you today and am so tickled to find a new friend in the neighborhood!
hugs!
Shan

Dana said...

That's how my conversation is with my son. Eventually throughout the evening he'll talk about school(little piece here and there) without any prompting from me.

Anonymous said...

I think all kindergarteners take a vow that they will not share any details from their day with their parents. When I would ask my daughter about her day, all I would get was "I don't remember...."

reprehriestless warillever said...

Congratulations, Mom! You made it through the hardest day.

I didn't cry on Agent 002's first day last August, but my 3yo daughter did. She missed him SO much. It was cute, really.

Unknown said...

Still sounds like a great day! : )