Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GO DAIRY FREE!


I was a little leery of purchasing another dairy-free cookbook. I've got several, but find that I just like to convert standard recipes to dairy free instead of finding strange ingredients.

NoWhey,Mama wrote a positive review about this book and I began to think about it. Then I emailed her and asked her is she really liked it or "was she just sayin' she did". Isn't that just awful of me!?! I can't believe I did that!

Anyway, she reconfirmed that she liked it, so I ordered it for myself for Christmas (that another whole post in itself).

Let me just say, "I AM IMPRESSED WITH THIS BOOK!" I love it. I really, really do. The first part of the book is about making the transition to DF, the health benefits, etc. Then she goes into different substitutions and how to make your own at home - sometimes for pennies!

It's not all about DF, though. She takes into consideration some other allergies and of vegans. It is truly a comprehensive book that anyone could use. She discusses different oils, how they should be used... which "milks" taste best in different recipes... being frugal... and she does it with a sense of humor as a real person who's been there... done that.

We've been DF for a little over a year now and I have learned SO MUCH from this book in the last month. I truly wish I had the book when we first made the switch.

Let me just say that I haven't even made it to the recipe section yet and I'm recommending this book! I've perused a few recipes and look forward to trying them out, but the information in this book has been so useful and opened my eyes to other options.

If you are thinking about getting this book, I HIGHLY recommend it!

And right now you might be able to get it for FREE!! NoWhey,Mama is hosting a giveaway at her place this week for a free copy! If you don't win, however, you can always get it from the GoDairyFree site (among other places).


P.S. I wrote this review by my own free-will... I get nothing in return for it except knowing that I'm suggesting a really useful book to those on the path of Dairy-free living. Enjoy!

post signature

4 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Whew! I'm glad I don't have to suffer your wrath for recommending it. ;)

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Nowheymama ~ you are too funny! :)

Amy said...

Yay, thanks for linking over --- I entered. :)
I'm sure Gabe gets tired of eating the same stuff over & over on account of his sissy's allergy. ;)

I love that you're recording all of Witt's words. You won't be sorry.
Hey!: Witt's Words! That sounds like a biography!

Anonymous said...

im here via nowheymama.

great review. i so want this book. although there is no *serious* health reason for my family to be dairy free, i definitely think everyone would be a bit healthier if we cut back a little.