Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sickness

We're still here... just a little under the weather. Nathan is on antibiotics for strep and Witt has been croup-like since Friday. Both seem to be improving. Will said this morning that his throat is all plugged up, but other than that he feels fine. I woke this morning with a headache, plugged nose, and itchy eyes. Jeff? I sent him to work out of town a day early so he doesn't get sick; I hope it works. We should no longer be contagious by his return.

As for school, well, we're taking a little sick break. My head hurts too much to sit and read for an extended period of time, so the DVD player is getting lots of use right now... as is Netflix!

Have you tried Netflix yet? We're still in our two week free trial period, but I think we're going to keep it. Will has enjoyed watching the movie after we read the book (ie Swiss Family Robinson, Treasure Island (the cartoon version)). We're also enjoying the "View Now" option of having a video immediately streamlined to the computer. The boys are enjoying some of my old favorites like Inspector Gadget! Plus there are documentaries and other educational films (the boys are especially liking the ones about bulldozers, cranes, trains, etc.)

Anyway... didn't mean to sound like a Netflix commercial. I'm certainly not being paid to say all these nice things! It's just been helpful during this time of sickness.

And, I'm SO glad this isn't Turn Your TV Off Week... that starts Sunday. :)

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky, Have you ever heard of "Adventures in Odyssey" its a christian kids radio/video program from Focus on the Family. Ive been meaning to mention it to you for awhile and forgot. This maybe a good time to look at it. Even though its for kids I LOVE it. I listen to it everyday. Here is a link to the website. http://www.whitsend.org/ Check it out for Will especially it may be to old for the other two. You can listen to the past weeks epsiodes on line. If you have any questions give me a call or email.
Randi

Jessica said...

I've listened to the radio program Randi recommended on Saturday mornings before. It's cute.

I hope everyone is feeling better soon!