Monday, September 21, 2009

Unplugged Project: Feathers

Well, we were not completely tv/screen free today, but I am happy that we were able to keep everything off until after afternoon naps. Last week, while we were sick, the boys went on tv overload so the Turnoff Week came at a good time to at least help us get back into our routine of not watching so much tv.

I wanted to keep the boys busy and knew we still needed to do this week's Unplugged Project so I asked Will what he thought we could do with feathers. He said, "Well, we could always put a feather in a hat." So I went with the idea, grabbed some colored legal sized paper, a stapler, glue sticks and feathers.

We went from this:

to this:

This was a really fun project that we all enjoyed. Cleanup really was just the sweep of a broom and the boys enjoyed their feathered hats for the day!

post signature

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness. They are so adorable!

What a great project.

Mom Unplugged said...

How fun! What great hats! I agree with the Scottish Twins, they are VERY adorable.

This Girl loves to Talk said...

love them.. good feather project

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Well of course, feathers in a hat - what a good idea. And, I love the rain boots - perfect accessory to the hat!

Michelle said...

What a cute project...they look adorable in their feather hats!

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.