Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Want an Alaskan Husband




Witt's (17 months) favorite word is "No."

Do you want to take a nap? No.
Do you want to eat? No.
Do you want a drink? No.

My other boys didn't start this "No business" for MANY more months. I guess it shows that having two older brothers teaches him a thing or two! AGH! :)





Nathan (3 next week!) in a bubble bath, holds up a tug boat full of bubbles and speaks for it... "Help, kaat see! Help, kaat see!" (Help, can't see!)

When putting Nathan's socks on, I asked him how many toes he has. He started to count on one foot "1, 2, 3, 4, 5". Then it was time for the second foot, "18, 13, 15, 18, 14". I replied, "Hmmm... so you have 14 toes, huh? How many toes do you have?"

"2."



After watching a cartoon, Will (6) says, "I wish we had a dog like Balto... you know, an Alaskan Husband." (Alaskan Huskie)

Will has been James or Thomas the train for several Halloweens in a row. This year I asked him what he wanted to be and he replies "James or Thomas". Easy enough for me.

Until yesterday.

"Mom, I don't want to be a train. I want to be a hunter. A fox hunter. With a trap. Not a metal trap, a plastic trap. I want the hunter's clothes from in the olden days. Like Fox and the Hound."

{Ummm.... can't sew!} Sorry... you're gonna be a train or a ghost. I can swing a ghost by Friday, but not a fox hunter with a plastic trap. Such a bad mama. :(


post signature

5 comments:

Holly said...

haha! i cant wait till mine starts saying crazy things like that!to cute!

Colored With Memories said...

boy, i'm going to be in for it when my girls start putting in orders for custom halloween costumes!

Anonymous said...

I'm probably crazy, but my first thought on seeing your title was that it'd have something to do with Sarah Palin's husband--which only made the actual reference (to an Alaskan Husky) seem funnier to me.

With three siblings starting to get pretty into politics, it's nice to know that somewhere out there references to Alaska aren't always references to national politics.

So, are you going to get him an Alaskan husband?

Well?

Geryl said...

hahahahaha!!! I can't stop laughing at the "Alaskan husband". That is priceless!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What you can't get that costume pulled together in a few days? LOL!

I guess you can tell me "No business"... ;)

Happy TTT!