Friday, October 10, 2008

Rhythm - Simple and Slow Fridays

This whole week I've been wondering what on earth I'm going to write about on the topic of rhythm. You see, I have none. I'm still amazed that I made the varsity cheerleading squad in high school. I worked VERY HARD, though. I can barely tap my foot and clap at the same time and sometimes I get off rhythm just with clapping alone. No, I don't think I can dance. :)

Well... except for the one dance I created almost three years ago. It included moving forward and backwards, side to side, bopping up and down, and swaying.

ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Oh, and I held at least 10 pounds while doing the dance.

No joke.

This dance was the craziest thing my body has ever come up with. But it had a purpose. And it worked. Well. So well, I even taught Jeff and my mom how to do the dance because:

It put my colicky baby, Nathan, to sleep for the first 5 months of his life.

I have no video or pictures of me doing this dance. In fact there are very few pictures from the colic days; it was just a struggle to get through the day.

So, I guess in the end, when it counts most...

I got rhythm; who could ask for anything more?



If you posted on RHYTHM, please enter your permalink in Mr. Linky below. Please join us next week for the topic of

TRUTH





post signature

1 comment:

Julie B said...

That is too funny, as I know that dance very well! I do the exact same thing with Rose when she's overstimulated and needs sleep :)
We were at a potluck last night and my friends were teasing me-that I'll be doing the "dance" so much, eventually I'll be doing it without even knowing it-baby or no baby :)