Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Praying for a Wife


Each night before bed I read Will a story and we say a prayer. I always ask him if he wants to say the prayer and he says "no", so I ask what he would like to thank God for just to get his thinking juices flowing. Here is last night's conversation:

Me: What would you like to thank God for?

Will: My friends, my teacher, and Madelyn - that I will marry her.

Me: Honey, you have a long time before you need to decide who you will marry. You'll be at least 20 year old. (I hope!) You need to take your time and make sure she loves you and that she'll take good care of you. You also want her to love God.

Will: Mommy, will you go with me to school tomorrow so I don't forget?

Me: Forget what?

Will: To ask Madelyn if she loves God?

Me: You'll have to find that out for yourself. I promise you have a really long time to decide who you are going to marry...

Will: I've already decided; it's Madelyn. (Big smile)


So, anyway, we pray and I work her name in just in case she is the one that Will marries (you never know...) Sounds like a great time to teach him to start praying for his future wife, doesn't it!? :)



post signature

1 comment:

Super B's Mom said...

AWWWWWW. Ok I am sitting in my office choking back tears! That is such a precious conversation. What a sweet boy. :)