Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Walk to d'feet ALS



Join me in the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) by contributing to the The ALS Association of Georgia's Walk to Defeat ALS!

Why Georgia? Well, my family and I will be traveling to Atlanta, Georgia to walk with one of my best friends from high school, Kimberly Kim, and her family. She was diagnosed with ALS two years ago, shortly after their son was born.

I am asking you to support me in this endeavor by making a tax deductible donation to the Walk to Defeat ALS. Your donation will enable the ALS Association of Georgia to provide services to patients and their families living with ALS.

I have listed some facts that you should know about ALS:

-Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrigs Disease, is a progressive fatal neurodegenerative disease that slowly robs the body of its ability to walk, speak, swallow and breathe.

-The financial cost to families of persons with ALS is exceedingly high. It is estimated that in the advanced stages, care can cost an average of $200,000 a year

-The life expectancy of an ALS patient averages two to five years from the time of diagnosis

-ALS can strike anyone. ALS occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic boundaries.

By supporting the ALS Association of Georgia, you are taking an important step in the fight against Lou Gehrig's disease. The ALS Association of Georgia is the only nationally affiliated non-for-profit health organizations dedicated solely to the fight against ALS. The mission of the ALS Association is to find a cure for and improve living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.

The best way to donate is on-line! (I donated online very easily... and securely!) Visit my personal page by clicking below and make a donation.

Thank you so much!

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support The ALS Association of Georgia.


Thank you so much!

post signature

No comments: