Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm Simplifying my Bloglines... sorry

Well, in taking my own advice, I am simplifying something this week. I have been adding lots and lots of blogs that I want to check out to my Bloglines: every time a blog that I have added enters a post, I'm notified. And then I feel compelled to go read it. I am spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME reading blogs.

Being that I am an "all or nothing" type of person when starting a new habit, I have completely eliminated my Blogline notifications. All of them. If I want to see if someone has posted, I'll have to do it the "old-fashioned" way and actually go visit the blog. I am hoping that this will deter me from just senseless surfing! I must be purposeful and intentional in all that I do, including reading blogs.

So, with all that said, if you don't see me around your blog for a while, sorry. I'm trying to cut back and rejoin civilization here in my house and take advantage of the special moments I have going on right here under my nose (or behind my back... as I sit at the computer).

post signature

6 comments:

laurel said...

Wow, good for you. Sometimes it is easier to just eliminate than to reduce. Yay for living out what you believe!

Lulu said...

No apologies, Becky! You never have to apologize for doing the right thing. Of course, you'd better come see me every now and then!

My name is Dianna said...

good for you! why is it soo hard to set boundaries for ourselves...I will be doing alot of the same...my child who has been having some prideful difficulties has just informed me, right before bedtime that she doesn't think that I love her...I cried like a baby. I think I have shown haste and contempt at her dispicable attitude instead of loving her through it. I am going to go watch her sleep and pray over her.

Unknown said...

I was wondering where you were. I can't always check everything all the time either, but I do think we can get a little addicted. I'll still visit. Talk to you soon!

Lisa said...

Good for you Becky! I agree...there has got to be a blog vs. real life balance!

MightyMom said...

good plan! and a reason why I've never started bloglines!