Monday, February 4, 2008

February Kitchen Roundup


I'm joining the Organizing Junkie in her Monthly Organizing Roundup. This month I get to organize something in my kitchen!

I'm going to tackle at least one of these cabinets. I'd like to do all three if I have the time.




*SOME* of my cookbooks...

I'd like to get my favorite recipes into my recipe blog and get rid of the loose papers.



Meds... Meds... and more Meds....

The medicine cabinet. I'm not even sure how to start...




Spices and Seasonings

At one point I had my spices alphabetized and that was SOOOO HELPFUL!
But now it's all discombobulated!


I've also recently been asked to start saving soda can tops and Box Tops. I also happily volunteered to save empty toilet paper rolls for another friend's preschool. I'm also saving Beech-Nut wrappers to get a rebate on baby food. How do I save all this stuff without making it look more cluttered? I'm happy to save this stuff, just not sure how to do it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Oh, if you have suggestions on the cabinets, I'll take those, too! :)

post signature

3 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

Hey Becky, I tape either a ziploc or an envelope on the inside of my cabinet for labels and box tops, then when they are full I send them to school and notice them easily while I pack lunches...so they aren't all over the counters and I don't have to use up shelf space.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh how I love to organize.

When we redid our kitchen, I put in a spice cabinet and it rocks. I am not sure what I did before it. I think they were on a lazy Susan in the cabinet above my fridge.

I put the meds upstairs. In the kitchen I got one plastic container at Walmart and put in just a few of the more "popular meds" - benedry, motrin (mine and theirs) as well as some bandaids. Now it just sits on the top shelf and I have the two other shelves for me.

(can't determine the depth of your caninets and if any of this would help)

Have fun!

The Downtown Boutique said...

I love using lazy susan's in our cabinets. I use them for the spices and such. One of them has spices for sweets and desserts, and the other has savory and salty spices. All I have to do is turn the turn-table instead of having to dig around to the back of the cabinet to find what I'm looking for.