Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Box

Oh, how I remember the days of decorating my Valentine's box for school. This was one of my favorite activities! Doilies, markers, glue, hearts, construction paper, scissors, stickers... oh, my heart is racing already! :) It always had to be just right and of course "pretty".

Apparently Will and I have a different idea of what a "pretty" box is, though. I supplied the box, the stickers, the candy hearts, and told him he had to paint it red. Other than that, he did it all himself.

After the red paint dried he told me he wanted "all kinds of crazy colors", so I brought out more colors for him. In the end, he said it is exactly what he wanted and I figure that as long as he is happy, then I'm happy. So, here is his first decorated Valentine's box that he brought to school:







I was one of the moms helping out with the Valentine's party so I was able to go and watch them "deliver" their cards. Here is the table with all of his classmate's boxes:


And here he is delivering a Valentine's card. Each child had to read the name on the card and then match it up to the name on the box. (For 4 and 5 year olds, they are really reading well!)



Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day, too!

post signature

No comments: