Monday, March 30, 2009

Bee Charming

A couple of days ago, we were out in the backyard enjoying the sunshine and I noticed Witt from the corner of my eye pointing to something in the sky. There were no planes overhead, so I looked a little closer and noticed the fat bumblebee.

Watching the two of them was quite amazing. They were both obviously so curious about one another. The bee would come within a fingertip's reach of Witt and then back up. Then I heard Witt "charming" the bee back, "Zzzzz Zzzzz". Sure enough it would fly closer to Witt almost as if to get a closer look at him.

The bee never appeared to feel threatened or agitated... it was pure curiosity and so interesting to watch!

By the time I got my camera, the dance was pretty much over. This is the only shot I got of Witt and his new friend; unfortunately, it's not as impressive as what I was watching prior to getting my camera!

(Yes, it is the middle of the day and he is still in pjs...

not an uncommon sight..

I even send him to the neighbors' this way!)

However, as Witt sat in my lap charming the bee with more "Zzzzzz Zzzzz", I played with the zoom on my camera and got a few more pictures from below the bee.


(I still have so much to learn about with my camera... at least I'll always have cute subjects, though!)

post signature

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a special moment you were able to capture!!! Great pictures of the curious little bee!
I love that he was still in his PJs in the middle of the day...I would totally do that with any kids I would have...cuz some days I don't even get dressed either!!!