Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jeff's Job (Take 2)

For those of you that have me on a reader, you received the "benefit" of the whole detailed post, but after Jeff read it, he suggested I remove some of the detailed information for safety purposes; I agree. Sometimes I forget that I don't know who is reading my blog.

************************************************


First let me preface this post with the fact that I am so thankful Jeff has a job in this uncertain economy... especially a job that allows me to remain home with the boys. Second, let me say that I am thankful that Jeff's job is still in the "secure zone". Lastly, let me say that I am thankful Jeff is willing to work hard not only to keep his job secure, but also to keep me home.

Spring is always the busy season for him. Mills and factories take the opportunity to shut down their machines, upgrade, do regular maintenance, and other tweaks during the nicer weather. Weeks prior to these outages, Jeff is working more hours than I like to count in preparation. (This is what he's currently doing.)

A couple weeks ago, though, it looked like things were slowing waaayyy down. One mill that had offered a HUGE contract (to the company Jeff works for) retracted it saying that all projects were on hold for financial reasons. That same week a different mill announced they would be closing their doors permanently in 3 - 4 months.

About this same time, (the way I understand it) the headquarters' office needed more manpower for one of their outages and someone to head up a new team at another mill. To make a long, complicated story short... Jeff is the extra manpower and the new team head. (WooHoo for job security, huh?!?)

Currently, he is working for headquarters a random number of days each week working towards their outage. The days he is not at headquarters, he's working towards another outage. Oh, and that HUGE contract that was retracted... it was given back; so he's working on that, too.

THEN... when the first outage is over, he will have about 10 days to work crazy hours finishing up for the second outage. Are you still with me? Cause I get a little confused with all he's got going on! :)

Although nothing is set in stone, I have heard that this "new team" job may turn out to be a Monday through Friday for headquarters. YUCK. I have also heard that it may only be 1 - 2 days a week. This is new ground and no one really knows. Either way, he's working crazy, exhausting, stressful hours and I'm a "single mom" of three boys at least a few days a week for the remainder of the year.

So, right now... I'm a little stressed and I know he is, too.

(I just had to throw this picture in!)

Although this is a stressful time for our family, I am SO GRATEFUL that he has a good job and that he's an upstanding, God-fearing man that is willing to work for the betterment of his family and for his company.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Jeff is a good man; I honestly couldn't ask for better.

The workload alone is stressful, but like I said in my nutrition post, "We've got a lot going on." I've got more to share, but not tonight. Tonight, I'm going to go say a little prayer for Jeff as he's been at work most of this Saturday and will be there late into the night. I'm also going to throw a good word in for myself, because I'm gonna need some extra help being a patient mama. *Insert Say A Little Prayer lyrics by Aretha Franklin* LOL!

'Night all...



post signature

1 comment:

Super B's Mom said...

(((HUGS))) I'm so sorry you are going through such a stressful time. I admire you for the strength (that you don't know you have sometimes) in raising three boys. I often feel overwhelmed with just one.

Jeff is indeed a GOOD man. We are so blessed to have such wonderful husbands who are always willing to give it their all when times get tough.

I'll be praying for both of you during this tough time! I love you!!