Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thankful

Ok, so it's Easter time and I'm writing a "thankful" post. Honestly, what could be more fitting? :)

I am so thankful for the wonderful people I have surrounding me.

Church nursery attendants that insist on taking all three of my boys during worship service so I can actually focus my thoughts for more than 30 seconds.

A neighbor that watches my children so that I can go grocery shopping, attend a funeral, and get a shower - each on different days in the same week.

Another neighbor that mows my front yard not once, but twice, this month because he knows I can't get it done.

An unexpected return trip home from Jeff, albeit a short one.

Friends that call just to check on me and see how I'm holding up.

A mother-in-law that is very supportive and loving.

A church family that knows we're dealing with a lot and keeps the offers flowing for help whenever needed.

I have such a wonderful support system, and so much to be thankful for, but I'm still a little lonely.

I'm thankful I miss my husband. (some wives don't)

post signature

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I will admit that I feel lost without my hubbs. He used to travel a lot but we have been blessed that he is home and works VERY close to the house now. When he goes to his Bible study on Tues nights, I sit and watch tv and binge on junk food - can't even FB without him in the house. It's not even having to deal with the kids on my own - that I can do. But he is my friend. I hope that you are doing well and that he wil be home soon?
Andrea