Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Ok, so Jeff obviously infiltrated my blog this morning! What a sweet gift to give me (and our boys) to write down his side of the story on how we met.

From being persuaded to check out Auburn which lead to a blind date... which lead to meeting the date's brother... which lead to a job... then a "talking to" from his mama about girls and a specific thoughtful prayer on his part about the woman he would marry. God had been working to bring us together for a long time... which I can relate to in my reflections as well.

God is so good to us! I am so blessed!

*************

For my birthday, I have the $5 Amazon e-gift card to give away! The lucky winner is bekahcubed! Here's what she's checking out on Amazon these days:

bekahcubed said...

A few book lovers out there--

I love books too, but today I'm feeling in the mood for some oldies. So I'm thinkin' I'd probably go with some fantastic early Christian rock:

Larry Norman's "I've Searched all around" and "Righteous Rocker", Lamb's "The Sacrificed Lamb" and "Baruch Ha'Shem" and "Rattle Me, Shake Me" (which I'm familiar with as a HoneyTree song--but which David Meece sings in this recording.)


Congratulations, Bekah!!!

Thanks to everyone that de-lurked this month and played in my birthday carnival! That was so much fun going back into everyone's archives!!! If I were to choose a post from April 2008, I'd direct you to this one.

I'm off to have a great birthday! You know... dishes, laundry, sweeping, wiping... keeping the home I am so gratefully blessed with! I love my life!

post signature

5 comments:

Hannah's Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Becky! I hope it's a great one!

Meagan said...

Happy Birthday Hope you have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, lady!

bekahcubed said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm SUPER excited about my soon to be new music.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!

(What a sweet little story your hubby just told, BTW.)

Unknown said...

happy birthday dear!