Saturday, April 11, 2009

His First Amen

"Time for bed; let's go pray!"

"Mom, I've already said my prayers!"

"Well, then would you like to say the pray for us tonight?"

Quite timidly, "Yeeees."

The boys and I gathered around the bed and Will said his first "public" prayer tonight:


Thank you, God, for this day.

Thank you, God, for this world.

Thank you, God, that Easter is just around the bend.

Thank you, God, for all the people.

Thank you, God, for this day.

In Jesus name we pray, Amen!

I gave him such a big hug and a kiss afterward and told him that I was so very proud of him!! He said, "Mom, I love it when you're here." Melt my heart twice in one night!

Although Will has no problem leading a song in front of the entire congregation, he has been very reluctant to pray aloud. We've always offered to let him, but never pushed. Prayer is such a personal thing that I never wanted to make him do it out loud, but now that I've heard it, I must say that there is nothing sweeter than hearing the pure thoughts of a six year old boy pray to our Lord. I pray we'll get to hear more, especially since, sadly, Jeff wasn't able to be here to experience it.

Happy Easter to all and can I get an Amen?!

post signature

2 comments:

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

Love it! That's my boy! I am thrilled for all of you! Miss you terribly!
love
s

Super B's Mom said...

AMEN sister! That is so wonderful! I have goosebumps! :)