Thursday, September 6, 2007

Children's Artwork

Well, Will has started his second year of preschool this week. Very exciting (for me!). He goes, he comes home, he says nothing. "What did you do at school today?"... "I don't know" Just like a man! :)

Anyway, last year, we pinned all of his artwork to a bare wall in the house. I always told myself that at the end of the summer I would take pictures of the artwork and then discard all the papers. That way I would still have a picture of all that he had done. However, after I took the pictures and then took the tacks out of the wall and collected his artwork into a pile, I realized I could not just dump them in the trash! What sweet memories these are!

Now I understand why my mother saved everything I did! (thanks mom!) When I moved out, she gave me a box filled with cards, pictures, artwork, report cards, 1st place ribbons, you name it...everything I had done. I went through the box and kept what I wanted and tossed the rest. (How terrible is that?)

Turns out, there is one picture that Will colored of two Easter eggs that looks EXTREMELY similar to one I colored when I was his age. I would never have know that unless mom had kept my artwork. So, I guess it's off to the store I must go to get an expandable folder to organize and keep his artwork for the next 14 or so years. (It's gonna need to be a big folder, isn't it?!)

No comments: