Friday, September 21, 2007

Temptation

It is hard to believe what a habit I HAD of buying "stuff". I was in Wal*mart yesterday getting Pedialyte for Nathan, Tylenol for Witt (shots), and an Rx for me (muscle relaxer - that's another whole blog in itself and yes, I had it approved to take while nursing). Anyway, back to shopping...

While there, I saw double packed DVDs. Two DVDs for $9.95! They were the two X-men movies that Jeff and I both liked. I picked them up and had them in my buggy while I waited for the meds. There were a few other things I saw while waiting, but thought to myself, "No more stuff". I'm happy to say that I put the movies back and only walked out of the store with what I went for. Granted those movies were about the price of rentals around here, but we rarely watch the DVDs we own. So anyway, there's $10 I "saved".

Today we went to the mall. My MIL had some shopping to do and we tagged along to get out of the house. The boys rode the carousel and played in the toy store. Jeff showed up while we were there and he and the boys played with the remote control cars that were out. They had a blast with them! Jeff looked at me with that look of, "This is fun, should we get it?" I know that look because I give it, too. I guess I was the bad guy and said, "Remember... no more stuff". Any other day I would have walked out of there with two cars (one for Will and one for Nathan).

However, Will does have some birthday money and if he decides he wants to go back for them that is different. We didn't have his birthday money with us so we didn't get them. But even while playing with them, he never did say he wanted to take one home. The HUGE train set on the other hand, that he wanted. He doesn't need another train set:


So anyway, we "saved" another $30 by not getting the remote control cars. They also had the CUTEST nerf style swords there. What is it about a sword that when you put it in a boy's hand, he knows what to do with it? Nathan has never seen one (that I know of) and off he went waving it around and making grunting noises! :) LOL! too cute!

The mall (and WalMart) is a bad place to go when you don't want to buy anything!

And then of course there are the yard sales...

1 comment:

Deb W said...

I am proud of you!!! Great job saying "No' to the temptations!