Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Last 16 Hours

In the last 16 hours, all of my children have done something "unexpected".

Last night we were at a friend's house for supper. Witt had fallen asleep on the way and took a great little nap. He woke up and shortly there after started screaming! Now, I'm not talking fussing or crying, I am talking all out high pitched screaming like he was being stuck with a needle. Nothing calmed him. We all took turns walking him. I went outside with him. Nothing. For 45 minutes - screaming. We finally just had to pack up our things and go. Thankfully, Jeff drove like a madman on the way home. (Never thought I'd say that! LOL!) He finally calmed down and was all smiles before bed. I have NO IDEA what happened. I hope to never hear that cry again!


This morning about 5 minutes before Will's ride was here for school, he went to the bathroom. I went to check on him. I asked if he flushed and he said, "Yes, but my hair got a little wet when I was looking at the pipes a little closer." He had stuck his head into the toilet while it was flushing! Ugh! Gross! I grabbed a washcloth and went to town on his head. He went to school with a wet head, but at least it was clean. Gross!

Now, directly after I said goodbye to Will and closed the door, I hear from my bathroom, "Maammmmaaa". Poor little Nathan, I left him in my bathroom and he can't get around very well. I go running and here's what I find: (No explanation necessary, except: Yes, that is a Q-tip up his nose!)




So that's how I'm starting my day. Wish me luck!


Update: Will came home with a busted lip today as well. Well, I am certainly living the life of a mother of boys! :)

2 comments:

Deb W said...

Oh my my my!!!
Poor Nathan... yet, he still knows how to "get into things"!
Poor Witt... wonder if it was some really bad gas pain?
Poor Will... a split fat lip is no fun!!
Poor Becky.... my your hands are full!
Lucky Jeff...slaving away at work all day!

Heather K said...

And this is why Will is My Friend Will - that so sounds like something I would have done...not even necessarily at that age. Plumbing is inherently interesting, but I'm sure his split lip was not from making a smart comment to someone bigger (which is how I always got my facial injuries...)