Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sugar and Salt

Nathan had the opportunity to discover the difference between salt and sugar last night as I was making banana bread.

I poured a little salt in my hand and he kind of ran his finger through it just playing. I took his finger and put it in his mouth to get it wet and then he dredged it through again - this time I said, "eat". He put his finger in his mouth. No funny face. Just through up the "talk to the hand" pose as said "Baaa" (Back).

Then I got the sugar out. Again, poured some into my hand an let his little finger do the walkin'. Into the mouth it went. Immediately, the finger is back into my hand for another taste. And another. And another. As I put the sugar away I hear "moe" (more). One more taste. Okay.

I remember doing this with Will as well. It's fun to teach the kids something new! For those of you moms/teachers, I came across a fantastic website for activities with the kids. (It was an answer to one of my questions on yahoo !xtra.)

No comments: