Friday, September 14, 2007

What a Good Hubby

This past weekend we moved Nathan into a toddler bed. He's been doing really well for the naps, but at night he's been up several times (probably why the naps are going well). Last night I was up with Witt more times than I can count now. For the first half of the night I just slept in the bed in his room as to not wake hubby up any more than necessary.

Around 2:30 (I guess) I climb back in our bed because Witt is AWAKE. (I had put him on his back and just left him in his room - he was quiet and eventually fell asleep after I left the room.) Anyway, when I climb into bed, hubby asks if I've had a bad night. At the time it hadn't been extremely bad and that's about what I said. Then he tells me "the other kid's been waking up". Oh no. Turns out I probably had more sleep in Witt's room. Hubby had been up at least 3 or 4 times with Nathan putting him back in his bed.

Side note: Some of you may be thinking, "well, that's ok. dad's need to get up too." True, however, this is a shutdown week for him and he's working hard hours and is already mentally exhausted, so I really feel for him.

To continue, though... Witt woke again and I went in to get him quiet. I ended up curling up in the bed in his room again. Then he woke again. I went to my room. 5:00 am. Hubby's alarm went off. He turned it off and we stayed in bed. Nathan woke up. Witt woke up. Hubby went to Nathan. I went to Witt. I was back in our room before him.

After hubby's return, he took a shower and got ready. I never heard him leave the room, but I woke to Witt's fussing at 7:03. I went to his room, turned his lights on dim and turned the mobile on, hoping for a few minutes more of sleep. Nathan's door was cracked and the light was off. The living room was dark except for the glow of the tv. Will was up watching a Thomas the Train video, chocolate milk in hand. I went back to bed.

15 minutes later, Will calls for me to tell me Witt is awake. I get up; it's time. I go get coffee that hubby left for me. Nathan toddles down the hall, "Dada?". He turns to scoop something off the floor... chocolate milk in a sippy cup left by hubby. We've all got our morning drink thanks to "Dada". Life can start.

Thanks, hon, for the extra minutes of sleep and for taking such good care of our family! I love you!

No comments: