Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm Not Even 2 Yet


(Daddy picked the colors - War Eagle!)


I'm not even 2 yet and this is what has happened to me in my lifetime:

  • I had colic for 4 1/2 months
  • I've had ear infections on and off for all of my life
  • I've never had a haircut because my hair is taking it's own sweet time
  • I have excema break outs if I'm not lotioned down like a greased pig each night
  • I want to do everything my older brother does, but I'm not allowed
  • I am most preferred by mosquitoes and their bites leave gigantic whelps on me
  • I burn easily in the sun as I am a "lily-white boy"
  • I was the only one in my family to catch strep throat from my daddy
  • I just had ear tubes put in both of my ears a couple of months ago
  • I continued to fall out of my toddler bed so they've put me back in a crib
  • I got a spiral fracture in my tibia by going down a slide
So, there... my face says it all, "What can possibly happen to me next?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH you poor baby....It is the mid-child syndrome....I can identify. If you need to talk just call me..hahaha Kim White

Deb W said...

My poor Nathan... just remember, you always have a friend in me.... Will has a compass and can lead you in my direction. Just bring him and the two of you can come live with me and I will take care of you!!!! However, before you take that leap, just ask your parents and you will discover that my luck is not much better than yours. So, maybe we would make a great pair!!! Or, maybe we would just get deeper in trouble. Either way, I think we would have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

Poor little boy! I can SO relate though! My son (now 5) got a spiral fracture of his tibia from falling off the sofa (with leg caught between the cushions) when he was about 22 months old. He had a cast (actually several), but his didn't have the cool stripes. The good thing is that children's bones heal very fast and well.

He also had colic, terrible food allergies requiring two colonoscopies before the age of 1, and a horrible cut on his hand at age 4!

Thank you so much for "de-lurking" at my blog. I was really happy to read your comment. Please let me know how the TV-free week goes. If it is OK with you, I'd like to write up a summary of your experience without TV and put it on my blog. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, poor thing! How did he handle having the whole leg cast!? I can't believe I found this tonight as my Nathan just got a cast on today for his fractured elbow. (This is Sally from "princess palatine" blog, by the way.)
How do you not totally spoil and baby the child going through so much!? It's like, isn't that enough for character building? Do I really still have to discipline him and all the rest? ha ha... take care.
Sally at http://orryally.livejournal.com/