Friday, December 28, 2007

Slow Down Fridays... Anyone?

I've been thinking (scary , I know)...

With all this talk I've been doing about slowing down as well as having just given away two Mitten Strings for God books about slowing down and just "being", I thought that maybe y'all would like to do a carnival of sorts: on Fridays we could all post on slowing down/simplifying. I chose Fridays because at our house it is usually the day we are all gearing up for the weekend and I'll need the gentle reminder to keep the weekends slow and simple (whenever possible) as well.

So here's what I propose: Each Friday, post about how you have slowed down that week or day, changes and baby steps you are taking for a slower paced life, what you thought about a chapter in Mitten Strings for God (or any related book), or just anything involving slowing down and simplifying in general.

Invite your friends and let me know if you would be interested by commenting on this post and I'll set up Mr. Linky next Friday if there are enough participants. I hope you'll join me in this. Slowing down and simplifying are processes that cannot be completed overnight. I know I'll need all the support I can get! :)

Here's to a simpler a more joyful 2008!

Also, anyone willing to point me in a direction for creating badges/buttons/banners/whatever they're called for the sidebar? Thanks!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

I'll try to participate. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe it will help me control the stress of my upcoming kitchen remodel.

My name is Dianna said...

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! With baby #4 on the way, I definately need to prioritize on living a little more simply and slowly!!! Well, I am moving a little more slowly and I am sure I'll get slower before I get any quicker...

Lisa said...

I'm not sure what I have to offer, I am walking around with my head spinning most of the time, but I would love to read some tips. I am going to check that book out!
Great idea!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Sounds like it will be a fun read...not sure what I'll have, but hopefully will come up with something once a month or so :)

I have a friend that makes my buttons and graphics...I have NO clue what to do!