Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

On our way home from the orthopedist appointment, I stopped to get Will, my 5 year old, some ice cream. We pulled in and he looked at all the pictures of the desserts:

"Oh, I just can decide which one to choose! They all look so delicious!"

He decided on a chocolate sundae with whip cream and a cherry. He took a few bites and then I hear him from the back seat of the truck kind of muttering to himself as he digs in for more,

"I think I'm eating my way to heaven!"


*************************

Not exactly tiny talk, but here are some lost-n-found around my house thanks to my (not so tiny) 2 year old, Nathan. There's probably more that's lost, but this is what I've found...

  • 3 potatoes in the couch cushions
  • Empty toilet paper roll in my makeup bag
  • Single beige sock in Nathan's potty
  • Size 8 shoe in the dirty clothes basket
  • Googly eye in the bottom of the dishwasher
  • About 15 apple Christmas tree decorations in the the pepsi fridge pack
  • Hair dryer in Jeff's lounge-pants drawer
Nathan is notorious for picking something up in one room, carrying it to another and putting it in an inconspicuous place. I could spend my entire day walking behind him and putting thing back where they belong!

For the past three days, we've been on the hunt for my keys... they are probably outside buried in the sandbox or somewhere obscure like that! :)

[Update: My keys? Under the boys' bathroom sink in the cabinet!]

6 comments:

Lori said...

Too cute. So true. You never know where you might find something when you have little ones around.

Unknown said...

That's my Eli too! I found his Dora and Boots figures in the back of a snowman candle votive holder last night. I constantly find his toys in our food pantry, occasionally in the fridge, and in any random drawer he can find! It's so cute! But it can be frustrating, like when he wants a toy to take to bed that he's hidden somewhere and the grown-ups can't find it!

Candace said...

I "lost" my keys once. They were in the bottom of my 2 year old daughters beach toys. I keep them put away except when we head off to the beach which was only once a month or so. Thank God I had extra keys for just such an occasion.

Lisa said...

Oh to be young and be able to eat your way into heaven, instead of weight watchers.
Love that!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Those ice cream comments are so cute.

I love the walk aroudn with things stage. I took pictures of my pantry when I opened it some mornings because of the random objects that were in there. I wanted to remember it...but now I could blog it. Great idea!

onemotherslove said...

Eating his way to heaven is so adorable!