Wednesday, December 5, 2007

You Can Load My Dishwasher, But Can You Load My Christmas Tree?

I don't care who loads my dishwasher and I don't care how it's loaded. I'm not ticky like that. But my Christmas tree... I'm ticky like that.

One thing I learned having beautiful Christmas trees growing up is how to decorate them. All of the ornaments DON'T have to be on all the outside branches! Put some on the inside for some depth and added texture, please!

Each year I tell myself that I will leave the ornaments where everyone places them, that it really doesn't matter. Each year I find myself rearranging. When decorating the tree this year my biggest gripe was that the heavy ornaments should go on the little tab at the end of the branch (yes, we have an artificial tree). These tabs are great for holding the heavy ornaments in place. I was having a hard time when I would find a very light ornament hung there when I had a heavy one that needed to be placed.

With all that said, I am proud of myself. I did not move a single ornament... I moved three. :) I HAD to. It just had to be done. And once I had the tree "loaded" correctly, the boys started doing the rearranging. The boys are good therapy for me. They are helping me with my weaknesses. I will leave the ornaments alone... until I find one on the floor and have to put it back on the tree (correctly).

No comments: