Friday, December 7, 2007

Some Answered Prayers

In Philippians 4:6, we are commanded, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."

I vaguely mentioned this scripture in my recent pity rant. I should have taken my own advice and listened. It would have done myself and everyone else a whole lot of good if I had.

In 24 hours, I've had huge weights lifted from me, the heaviest being Will's orthopedic appointment. After a quick evaluation, the doctor said that he really thinks it is habitual toe walking... he's made it a habit and he should just grow out of it. NO SURGERY NEEDED!! Thank you, thank you! He said we don't need to remind him to walk flat-footed and not to draw attention to it. It should just go away. However, if he hasn't stopped by age 8 he wants us to come back in for another check-up. No follow up appointment right now. I will take that answer. Go home and be happy!

Witt didn't moan last night. He still woke up twice, but no moaning. He's been a much nicer nurser today, too. No pain for me. Alleluia! And... he took a 2 1/2 hour nap this morning! Unfortunately, I had to wake him to go get Will from preschool, but that was 2 1/2 hours for me and only 1 child to deal with. It was nice.

For the rest of my rant.. "This too shall pass" (I Corinthians 10:12 ). Amazing how God has given us all the information we need to live our lives happily...

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

So happy to hear it! I need to remember that "this too shall pass" as it always does. I need to write a note to myself about how sick kids just weighs you down...maybe I wouldn't be so shocked everytime...

My K is a toe walker. She has been since 10 months. We did PT, saw the orthopedist and it is the same thing...habit. she is 5 now and still doing it. Ballet seems to be helping (have to be flat feet for a lot of it). I reminder her a lot.

she had gotten to a point that her tendons were so tight, it hurt to walk flat feet. THAT is why we did PT for 3 months - it stretched them out and now we just have to break that darn habit :)