Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Favorite Recipe?

I'm in a cooking rut. I usually love to cook, but lately I have no desire. I'm tired of the same old recipes I always use and I'm not feeling adventurous enough to try something new right now.

Here's what I'm asking... in the comment section of this post, leave a tried-n-true recipe(s) of yours OR if you'd like to post that recipe on your blog, you can use your permalink in Mr. Linky below.

There is no time limit on this request! I'll take good recipes anytime! :) And you're not limited to just one, either. Load me down with some good ones, please!

I thank you and my family thanks you!


post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

in springfield, il....we are home of the horseshoe. i will tell all about it on my blog for you. unfortunately, it is not dairy free as it calls for a cheese sauce. hey, i wonder if our "natural yeast" would work?!

Anonymous said...

This is one of our Favs. I dont know if you can do it dairy free or not.
Dorrito Casserole
App. 1 lb of Hamburger (I usually use more) browned and drained
Mix 1 Can Cream of Mushroom, 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can rotel in a big bowl.
Mix in Hamburger meat with this.
Crush a big bag of dorritos and spread one layer on the bottom of large casserole dish.
Spread a layer of shredded cheese (whatever you like, chedder, mixed etc.)
Pour the hamburger mixture over this and spread to corners.
Add remaining dorritos on top and another layer of cheese.
Put in oven at 350-400 until bubbly. The cheese on top will be melted and the mixture will kinda be bubbly.
There is no way to mess this up. You can add in anything else you like to this. This is just what we like.
Randi

Unknown said...

I'm not much help because I, too am in a rut. I have one cookbook that I use a lot - "Fix it Fast Favorites." It's recipes for the crockpot, which I use at least once a week because I work full-time Tues.Fri.

You should be able to get it anywhere. I even saw it at the library. That's another idea - go to the library. They have tons of cookbooks. You can look through them and copy down the recipes you want without having to buy the book.

Other source I use is the magazines I get. Um ... well, you should know this ... Southern Living! I'm sure you get it.

Then, lastly, the internet, girl! I found two blogs I like... of course, pioneer woman cooks, and the other one is a year of crockpotting (she does a new recipe in the crockpot every day and writes about it).

Don't know if that's much help, but, there you go!