Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Answers to Your Questions


Super B's Mom said...

Ok..I gotta know about the No Gatorade rule!! I'd love to hear more about this - I'm very curious! :)



The "No Gatorade Rule" is referred to in my Spring Planting Post. Basically, we don't drink it unless we've been outside working and hot and sweaty. Here's the history behind the rule:

A couple of years ago, my brother lived with us during a summer. He would easily drink us out of house and home with the Gatorade. So that summer I made the rule that the only time he could have Gatorade is when he had been outside working/hot/sweaty.

It's nothing special, but it just kind of stuck, I guess. Plus, it's not really a great drink for the kids with all the extra sodium... so we leave it more as a "treat" for working hard. That's all. ;)


Elaine A. said...

I want to know what you thought about having a 3rd boy. Not that you would care either way, but I just wonder what your reaction was.


Well, you may or may not know that the 3rd boy was a surprise in itself. Jeff and I are planners. We had planned on two kids. We thought we were done. God told us otherwise; I'm so glad he did. Witt has been such a blessing and is just such a sweet baby. He has really completed our family and I don't even want to think about a life without him. But that's not what you asked... so, I will start over. ;)

Third boy.... well, to be honest, we never wanted girls. Sure, we would have loved a girl and kept her (*smile*), but we really always just wanted boys. Given Jeff's family history it really wasn't a shock to have all boys, though. In the past 5 generations, I believe there are only two girls.

So, it wasn't a surprise, but it was a bit of a relief. I mean, seriously, we already have lots of trains, tractors, cars, and boy clothes! I wouldn't have a clue what to do with barbies and the color pink! LOL! We are so happy to have all boys and truly, it's just fun to say "Come on boys" or "Me and the boys" or "my boys". Just a "collectiveness" about it all. (Yes, I realize the bad grammar and the made up word, but that's just how it is!) I love my boys!

Lulu said...

Let's see...what questions do I have for Becky?

I don't know.


What is the ugliest thing you know? What's the most beautiful?

The ugliest thing I know? Hmmm.... My immediate thoughts are when I see a baby in a car with the window up and smokers in the car. I really hate to see that. The other is when there is a baby in a car and EXTREMELY loud music playing. That bugs the stew out of me too. (In typing that I wonder... what on earth does that mean... bugging the stew out of me? Where did I pick that up? I don't know, but it's something I say... anyway...)

The ugliest piece of dirt I know I can't share... because that would be gossip... and I don't gossip. Well, I really try not to, but sometimes it just happens... don't you hate that?! It reals you in very easily and your in the middle of it before you know it. Gossip is a really ugly thing.

The most beautiful?

A baby sleeping. Peacefully. Quietly. I also really like watching children play outside in nature. Watching them when they don't know they are being watched. Seeing their little minds work and absorb. Children are a really beautiful thing.

Who do you think is the most relevant person in our generation? why?

Oh, that's a good one. I knew you'd come up with something really thought provoking. Again, going with my immediate thought... moms. In general, I think moms have the hardest jobs. Moms (or mother figures) are so important. I see this generation moving and shifting back to "the olden days". It might just be the blogs I'm reading, but it seems that moms are taking a more active role in their households. With the economy the way it is, moms are becoming more frugal. Some parts of being frugal (making more things from scratch, hanging out laundry, etc) are also good for our environment. Sure, dads can do all this stuff, too, but I think moms/women do more with the rearing of the kids and teaching them how to do these things as well. It might just be that I'm a SAHM and these are the things I am trying to bring into my life, trying to get my household in better order. I don't know.

Now, if you want a single most relevant person, I just might have to say Oprah. There isn't going to be a single reader that says, "Who's that?". Everyone knows who she is. She does a lot of good. However, recently I've been made aware of the fact that she is leading so many astray with her teaching of "more than one way to heaven". If you haven't seen it, here's one of many videos from Youtube:






Mary@notbefore7 said...

Hmmmm....What was the best present you ever received :)

The best present I've ever received - that's a hard one. I can tell you the most expensive present(s) I've received - vehicles. When we were engaged, we were in a long distance relationship. Jeff gave me a brand new 1999 Civic EX for Christmas. It was black and a 5 speed. I loved it. I needed something more reliable than what I had been driving and something more sporty and something more black and something more fun... :) Jeff spoils me.

Then, it came time to have kids. Literally, almost when I was about to pop with Will, Jeff bought my Tahoe. We traveled to AL from GA one last time before the delivery. I was so uncomfortable on that trip there. We had been looking at Tahoes for some time. We knew exactly what we wanted, including the price. While in AL, Jeff and his dad took the Civic and came back with a brand spanking new 2002 Tahoe! He got an exceptional deal and more than we had hoped for! I love my Tahoe. I love the size, the leather seats are easy to clean, the color doesn't show much dirt (like black does). We can fit loads of kids stuff in it and on it! The best part is that it is completely paid for! Woo Hoo!

But as for presents in general, I think of my family as a gift from God. We are blessed. Jeff and I are so in love and happy. Our 10 year anniversary is next year and we still have that "newlywed" spark (most days). It's not all roses, but we really are happy. We're all mostly healthy (minus ear and sinus infections), too. God has given us a lot. We strive to serve Him well.


Thank you guys for playing my Bloggy Q&A game! This was fun! I highly recommend you having one of your own. You never know what questions you're going to get and you learn a lot about yourself in the process! Let me know if you do a Q&A and I'll try to come up with a good one for ya!

post signature

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Yep, Oprah's way off. And the sad thing is, she is so nice and so respected that she is capable of misleading many. Now, don't anyone take this too literally, but I think that's what Satan is like- a beautiful deciever, sweetly trying to diminish Jesus' deity in the eyes of people.

I hope that doesn't sound too hard, but I just had to say it.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh yeah, Oprah has gotten WHACKED man, WHACKED ;) She does do a lot of good, but the "under the surface" motivation is scary.

I'd like a vehicle as a gift :) But, my family, too is a WONDERFUL gift - good answer.

Lulu said...

I'll let you slide with the smart aleck answer this time, lady.

Your choice for a relevant person is interesting. I'm not up on Oprah's religious beliefs, but I think it would be awfully hard to maintain her social position and level of influence if she weren't incredibly inclusive on spiritual matters. Not that it's right, mind you. I just imagine that it has a great deal to do with maintaining her fan base.

Our dentist told us that sports drinks are the absolute worst thing to drink, so our family rule is the same as yours.

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Joyce - I agree Satan is a beautiful deceiver! Well put.

Lulu - Thanks for letting me slide. Let me also further my relevant person answer... I think the reason I chose her as more of a "representative" to the general population along the lines of trying to do good, but going terribly in the wrong direction "religiously". That was a tough question... who would you have picked? I'm curious. :)

Unknown said...

I wouldn't know what to do with a girl either. I grew up with 3 older brothers and I just "know" boys...

Wow, you get cars for gifts? Have you ever gotten one with a huge red bow on it like in the commercials?? HA!

Unknown said...

i love your story about having 3 boys. i agree, boys are great. we have 6 grandsons on my husbands side and no girls. it's cool. 3 are under the age of 1. and miles is 2. so it's a young crowd of boys!