Monday, September 29, 2008

Fruit - Unplugged Project

This week's unplugged project is Fruit. After a quick search on google, I found this idea at almost every click, so I figured we give it a try!

The two types of fruit we used were a grapefruit and some raisins:



Remove the insides of the grapefruit (but be sure to save it for some taste-testing!)


We used pipe cleaners to turn it into a "hanging basket".


Add some bird seed and raisins:



Find a good place to hang it:




And don't forget the taste-testing! Witt loved it (with some added sugar!)


When Nathan woke up from his extra-long nap, we gave him one to fill and hang, too. Unfortunately , he decided to swing it instead! :)


We haven't seen any birds feasting from our feeders, but it was still a fun and easy project to do with the boys.

Join us at Unplug Your Kids for next week's project: White.

post signature

5 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

Great project. I am sure you will have birds there in no time.

This Girl loves to Talk said...

great idea... it is spring here so might be a few birds around

Christie said...

Oh, we made bird feeders a while back but I think the girls would love making these kind too. The only kind of birds I've seen here lately are woodpeckers. I guess they would eat it too. :)

So Smrt said...

Oh, super cute idea.

Super B's Mom said...

What a great idea!!!! I've never seen this project. My gosh - you can just do anything with pipe cleaners, huh? They rock!!

Btw...thanks SO MUCH for your suggestions about the house cleaning. After I read your comment I had to laugh b/c you and I are soooooooo much alike. I don't even own an iron - Downy Wrinkle Reducer is my best friend. And if my floors were done once a week I'd feel like I'd won the lottery...HAHA