Friday, September 12, 2008

Interviewing a Six Year Old

Today Will turned 6! Wow, six. S - I - X ! Happy Birthday!

I "interviewed" Will this morning and here are his responses to my questions.

What's your name?
Will
How old are you?
(thinks and smiles!) SIX!
What's your favorite color?
green

It is?
No, I mean blue. Yes, blue.

Do you have a favorite sport?
Soccer
What is your favorite toy?
Trains!

Best friend?
Austin

Do you have a girl friend?
Yes, Emma.

(I think, hmmm... what about Madelyn?)
No, wait... Brianna.

If you could do anything you wanted to for the whole day what would it be?
play trains

What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Play in the sandbox. It's always under construction.


What is your favorite food?
Potatoes.
What kind of potatoes?
Mashed
Is there a food you don't like at all?
Steak.
(What?!)
What is your favorite drink?
Apple Juice

Do you have any chores to do?
clean my room, do the garbage
What is something you can do all by yourself?
eat my lunch

What is something you need help with?
cleaning the sun room

What is something you want to learn how to do?
play soccer against another team
Do you like baths or showers?
bath
How many rules do you follow now that you're six?
about 7 or 8
(A few days ago, he told me that he'll follow more rules when he gets older.)
Are you going to get married when you're older?
Oh, yes!
How many kids are you going to have?
About 5. No, six.
What are their names going to be?
Well, I want twins named Bill and Ben.

Then two baby girls, Rosie and Daisy.

The other two will be boys, Dennis and Thomas.



What is your favorite number?
6!

What do you want for your birthday?
A Thomas that changes faces or James and Boulder Mountain.

Do you have any questions for Will? I'll ask him and report back... :)

**Questions from Laurel:

If you could be anybody else who would you be?
Just me.
Why?
Because I like my name.
If you could be any animal what would it be?
A jaguar.
Why?
Because it's my favorite animal. It runs fast and I like to run!


**Questions from my friend, Kim W:

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A train driver.
What is your favorite part about school?
My favorite part about school? That, my friend, would be recess.


post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie that boy of yours is!

Nowheymama said...

Me: Aw, cute interview.
Eli: I SEE TRAINS!!!

Super B's Mom said...

Awwwww - Great idea!!

Makes me want to interview B...hehe

Happy Birthday Will!!

laurel said...

How sweet! Happy birthday, Will!
Um, question for Will...OK, here it is: Will, if you could be anyone else for a day, who would it be and why? Or, if you could be any animal for a day, what kind would it be?

Tracy said...

I love your interview with Will it is just to stinkin cute! What a great idea! I also laughed out load when I read the names for his children someday..does he like Thomas???:~) what a doll!

Anonymous said...

What is your favorite thing about school? What do you want to be when you grow up? Kim W

Anonymous said...

Very cute and a great idea!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What a GREAT idea! Love this.

Anonymous said...

I have taken pictures of the flowers prior to this and used them as a picture on Note cards that I ordered from Shutterfly.

I am so anxiously awaiting the kitchen to be completed. Our previous kitchen was cramped and only one person could work in the kitchen at a time. What will I do with all of that space???

have a great day!

kenady said...

Love the interview! Fantastic idea!

PS thanks for stopping by my blog:) I know it was a semi-depressing post, but there are days that need to be remembered.

Anonymous said...

I love the response about his children to be!!

Okay, I'll take a stab at some questions:
What is something new you learned this summer?
Other than playing with trains and playing soccer, what else do you enjoy doing?
If you were not able to be a train conductor, what else would you like to be?
If you could go on a trip, where would you like to go?
What is your favorite song?

Unknown said...

I love your little interview!! He and my Ben would get along SO well with the trains. I love how he says he wants twins named Bill & Ben and then all the other train names. That is SO funny!!

Happy (belate) Birthday to your Will!! : )