Thursday, November 1, 2007

Freeze Yer Buns


Ready for the Winter Temps? Me too!! I love the Fall and Winter: Coffee and hot chocolate, sweaters and long sleeve shirts, warm comfy pajamas, blankets, and a toasty fire. Oh, I love cold weather!

Now I'm really going to have to bust out the cold weather clothes because I have accepted the Freeze Yer Buns Challange! With two babies in the house we can't go too low, but we can reduce at least a little. We're going to leave the thermostat at 68. I know that's not really cold for you northern folks, but it just doesn't get EXTREMELY cold here. I have no idea what we normally keep it on during this time of year as this is only our second winter here. I do know that the babies' rooms are 5 - 8 degrees colder than the rest of the house though, so I'm going to be running space heaters in their rooms. (I wish our room was the coldest in the house; alas, it is not.)

When I think of cold weather, I have fond memories of our first house when we were newlyweds. We lived in a house that was built in 1940-ish and it had hardwood floors throughout. The windows were single pane and we didn't have a central heating unit - only the single gas fireplace in the living room. We slept under a huge white down comforter. It was so nice and snuggly... until... you got out of bed! Jeff would set his alarm for around 5am, jump out of bed, go light the fire, then run and jump back into bed until it was time for us to get up for work. At least the big chill was knocked off by then. Such great memories (although I'm happy to have central now!) LOL!

Back to freezing my buns... if we can go lower than 68, we will. So far it hasn't even gotten close to that. We've got the doors and windows open - it's beautiful here. So, Day 1 of the challenge... not a problem! :)

Head on over to Crunchy Chicken and make your pledge to Freeze Yer Buns, too! I dare ya! :)

4 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

Thanks for stopping by Proverbswife.blogspot.com and entering my giveaway. The winner will be chosen and posted on my blog Monday November 5th. If you are the winner you will be notified by email or on your blog.

laurel said...

Hey!
I finally bit the bullet this morning and posted my commitment on crunchy chicken. I decided on 65 day and night (but may modify). It has been 65 in the house a few mornings this week and it has been very comfortable. I couldn't really commit to a number until I knew what it would feel like. Good luck to us both!

laurel said...

Thanks for the sweet comment you left me. I would definitely love, love, love to get that recipe from you. I need some good tried-and true pumpkin recipes. I did 7 pumpkins today and have 8 more to go. I gave away 5. Yes, I definitely went overboard with the pumpkins!

Pickel said...

I'm in. We keep it lower at night and we're in Chicago...Can you do that?