Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tiny Talk

Tiny Talk #1

Jeff, Will, and I were looking at house plans. Will can't read (everything) yet, so he was asking what each room was. The cute part of the conversation goes:

Will: What is that big square for?
Jeff: The garage.
Will: What goes in a garage?
Me: Honk, honk! What do you think goes in a garage?
Will: Yard Sale?

Jeff and I busted out laughing! What a child sees is what is truth to him. We are preparing for a yard sale and that is what is in our garage right now. Oh, to see the world through a child's eyes...


Tiny Talk #2

On Mondays, Will has to bring something to school that starts with a given letter. This week was the letter "A". We start talking about apples and ants. My sister, Sarah, is here to visit this week and she adds, "I know!!! Auntie Sarah starts with A!" Will's response? "You are too big to fit in my back pack!" :)


Tiny Talk #3
My sister, Sarah, and her 2.5 year old daughter, Laylah, are visiting this week. Here's her Tiny Talk:
Sarah: What does a cow say?
Laylah: Moo
S: What does a cow give us?
L: Cows give us milk.
S: What does a chicken say?
L: cluck cluck
S: What does a chicken give us?
L: Chickens give us nuggets.

Gotta LOL at that one! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love kid quotes! When we took a field trip to a farm one of our 3 year olds saw the chicks following a hen, pointed and said "Look! Chicken nuggets" Oh, the power of the golden arches!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Ok, the garage sale...so funny! It is so cute to see how they assemble information.

I laughed out loud on the chicken nuggets! Thanks for participating.

I LOVE your banner!

Unknown said...

Out of the mouth of babes....gotta love it! The yard sale comment is hilarious.

United Studies said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog during the giveaway!