Monday, November 19, 2007

BOX

This week's unplugged project assignment was "box". Hey, I've got a ton of those at my house! This will be easy! I gathered up my diaper and wipes boxes (I buy in bulk), went to my garage for some Southern Living at HOME boxes, and found a few others out there as well.

This project came in very handy this week as Will was home sick 4 out of 5 days. I brought all the boxes into the living room, taped them all closed and let them have some fun. Of course, they had to get in the big box before it got closed up:



Will enjoyed staking them. He was especially proud when the stack went above his head. He called it a "tower".


I stepped in and told the boys we were going to make a fort. Here's the base:


And here's the top:

It didn't last too long as you can imagine. It really wasn't tall enough and Nathan kept standing up in it. So back to stacking we go...




Oh, have I told you that we like trains around here? Check out this video of our "box" cars! We did this part on Sunday afternoon when everyone was feeling better.



Go to Unplug Your Kids to enter your box project and see the other ones. Join us next week for our "Thankful" project.

6 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

That looks like such a wonderful fun day.

Garden State Kate said...

Ooh, I love the "trains"!

Anonymous said...

Boy, did they have fun!! It looks like boxes were just the thing for them this week. The "box trains" are just too cute! That video made me laugh out loud!

I am so glad you and your boys had fun this week. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do for "Thankful." Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Tamara said...

I like your original idea, I bet the kida had a ball!

Andree said...

what a nice quiet way to spend a sick day. those forts were always my favorite things to make.

Lisa said...

We need to have more fun like this!