Saturday, November 17, 2007

My New Recipe Blog

With all this new dairy-free cooking getting started, I thought I'd create another blog to house them all. I was wanting to create one of our family recipes and then turn it into a cook book for my boys when they were older. Now seems like the perfect time to start it! The recipe blog includes both dairy-free and dairy-full recipes. I've just gotten started, so there aren't too many already there, but I hope to add to it each night as I cook something new. I won't include things that flop, though! If you try something, please let me know! I'd love to know what your taste buds think!

Join me at: Must Follow Recipes

Explain the name? Ok, since you asked!

Let me start with, I love to cook. I truly do enjoy it! I love cookbooks and I love reading them. I love trying new recipes. However, I am not "allowed" to deviate from the recipe (at least not the first time I make it). I have had SO many meals end up terrible because I left something out or substituted something else or added an extra spice that just didn't mesh. I'm just not good at throwing something together... I'm not. I admit it.

My dad, though... boy, is he ever good at taking three nights of leftovers, adding some of this and that, and making a wonderful new meal. We kids always had fun guessing what was in the meal. He'd always just say "Everything but the kitchen sink!" I don't have too many hand-me-down recipes from my family because we rarely ate the same thing twice! :)

So anyway, give me a recipe, I'll make sure I have all the ingredients and I'll give it a whirl! Let me know if you have one you want me to try!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

My mom has been telling me for 7 years that I need to do something like this. It has only been the last few years that I have felt comfortable planning our dairy free meals - I agonized about this daily for quite a long time. I'll send you some recipes to try.

I'm excited about your new blog - another new resource for me!!

Lisa said...

I love recipe blogs, I need all the help I can get coming up with things to make for dinner. I'm going to visit there now!