Friday, November 16, 2007

I Was Here




There have been a few things that have happened recently that just bring a smile to my face. I don't know why, but cute little random things that my children have done make me happy.





  • Last night as I crawled into bed with my socks on, I felt something sticky on one of them. I reached down and pulled off a Curious George sticker that belongs on Nathan's wall. He was having fun with the stickers: taking them off his wall and decorating the rest of the house. I guess I picked one up along the way...
  • This morning Will and Nathan went to Witt's room after he woke up. Jeff and I snuggled for a minute until I felt a sippy cup in our bed from Will's morning chocolate milk. Normally, a sippy cup in bed would not be so exciting, but it just made me think about how much fun my kids are and that I really enjoy their company.
  • My cell phone was lost for a couple of days. I finally found it in a drawer. Nathan has been hiding things lately. It's kind of like a hide and seek that he doesn't even know he's playing. :) He's also hidden my shoes before. It's just a nice surprise to find items in funny locations!
  • More hide and seek: We couldn't find a DVD that my MIL borrowed from the library. We looked high and low. I finally found it in Will's lunch box! The case fit perfectly in there.
  • When my sister and niece were here, my niece was potty training. We haven't gotten around to putting the potty seat away and Nathan has taken a little bit of an interest in it. I was letting him run around the house without a diaper to dry out his hiney because he's had a bought with diarrhea. I found him sitting on the potty seat. He stood up and I almost got excited thinking he had gone to the bathroom in it, until I got a little closer and realized he had put his half-eaten hot dog in the potty!!! LOL! I laughed so hard, I cried! :)

I know these are normal, not so exciting things that all moms and dads run across, but to me they are more like an "I WAS HERE" stamp on my life.

No comments: