Sunday, January 27, 2008

Egg Carton

This week's unplugged project is "Egg Carton". I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the cartons I had on hand - make caterpillars! I remember doing this when I was young.

We read the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle throughout the week in "preparation". ;)


Will enjoyed it and so did I! Our friend, Deborah, was visiting for the week and she joined in the fun. Nathan, however, had no interest in this project beyond putting three green dots of paint on his.





Will's caterpillar in progress:


Deborah's completed caterpillar:


My completed caterpillar:



All three:


Maybe we'll have some pretty butterflies next week! :)


Stop by Unplug Your Kids for more unplugged projects!


post signature

10 comments:

Maria said...

They are beautiful, and so original. I take note for using in the future.
1kiss.

Gottfredsen said...

They look great. Your kids look very proud. I love that book to. Did you know that is acctually a game to. We got it for our youngest for christmas. It is a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful caterpillars! Like I said over at Tamara's blog, I realized from this project that I am very poorly stocked in craft supplies. I need pompoms, googly eyes, etc.

It looks like you put your supplies to good use with this one!

I hope your boys feel better soon. We all have colds here too.

Blended in Texas said...

Cute idea- my boys would love doing this!

Claire said...

They are really cool caterpillars.

I think The Hungry Caterpillar is a lovely book. The first time I ever made a lap book with Hermione it was about The Hungry Caterpillar. Your post brings back very fond memories. Thank you.

reprehriestless warillever said...

Very cute!
My kids love the book -- we should make caterpillars sometime.

Tamara said...

Yours are really cute. Very colorful. I love the way you incorporated a book into it too. What a way to plan ahead!

NH Yocal said...

What a cool idea. Looks like they had so much fun!

Andree said...

They look just like the book! Great work.

United Studies said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog during the giveaway. And this is a great idea. We have the book and I just emptied an egg carton. We are doing this today.