Monday, January 21, 2008

Toothpicks

This week's unplugged project is entitled "toothpicks". I added some marshmallows and we started our own little construction company! :)


Nathan did his first while Will was away with a friend. He mostly ate the marshmallows. He'd poke the marshmallow onto the toothpick and eat! Yum-mee!


I did build him a little house though...

He didn't even have to huff or puff... he just sucked the house in! LOL!



When Will got home he went right to work making a snowman.


I built him a little house, too, and he built a wall.


After that, he started putting the toothpicks end to end.

Then we made it into a circle.

And of course, he had to eat some, too!

And poor little Witt didn't get to have any toothpick adventures, but it looks like he had fun just the same! :)



Head over to Unplug Your Kids for next week's project: Egg Cartons!


post signature

12 comments:

Tamara said...

Looks like fun! And yummy too. Good idea.

Andree said...

See? toothpicks are excellent for learning geometry! Perfect examples!

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! It looks like you could build molecular models that way. Chemistry anyone?

Claire said...

That is excellent. I loved the part where he 'sucked the house in'. So cute :-)

Our Lovely Life said...

What a great idea! I'll have to try the toothpick/marshmellow project. Although, I think my kids would probably eat all the marshmellows and only have toothpicks left pretty quickly!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the excellent idea! I'm going to pick up some marshmallows! That looks like something my kids would like to do, AND it doesn't look so messy!

You are the best at doing that kind of stuff consistently with your kids!

soo said...

what a fun way to build, very original, excellent, I'm not keen on marshmallows ,but Lily would have loved that kind of construction work. The boys certainly looked like they were having fun.

Garden State Kate said...

That does look fun and yummy..we may try this as P loves marshmallows!

Anonymous said...

I too am loving your creative crafts that you regularly do. I am excited about the egg cartons.. I specifically kept a couple because I knew I could eventually use them for something. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
- Sally

Anonymous said...

the marshmellow thing is such a good idea!

Maria said...

Ja, ja. I wanted to do something similar, but then i refused it, when i thought what will be the final of the marshmallows. Lol.
1kiss.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OK, you got me now...gotta head to unplugged. This looks too cool.