Monday, January 7, 2008

Puzzle

This week's unplugged project is entitled: "Puzzle". We used the cardboard inserts from calenders we received for Christmas. The boys used markers and construction paper crayons to decorate.

And while I'm here, let me tell you how excited I am about this little table! It is actually a very nice cherry wood coffee table. It's just been sitting in a corner of our sun-room collecting dust and I've wanted to make it into a craft table for a while. We put a padding down underneath a waterproof table cloth and stapled it to the inside underneath the table. We also put a cushioned flooring under the table since they'll be standing there a lot. The boys are still getting used to it and what it's for, but this morning Nathan asked for scissors and went straight to the craft table to cut some paper. Small success! :)

Anyway, back to our puzzles:


Will drew a train numbered 150 and named him: "dabawi" - just a hodgepodge of letters he chose:


Nathan decided he wanted his hand drawn on the cardboard; I helped him out with that.



I helped Will by drawing lines to show him where to cut. (I wanted big pieces, not a bunch of small ones... can't imagine the cleanup!)

Nathan wanted to try cutting, too, and under close supervision tried his hand at the "big" scissors.

I ended up cutting both Will and Nathan's puzzles, though, since the cardboard was thick.


Will successfully completed his puzzle! Nathan didn't care anything about it after the scissors were put away! :)


Just a shot of my three sons:


Join us next week at Unplug Your Kids for our "Sculpture" projects!

5 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

Great Job. They look wounderful.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, and puzzles. That was smart of you to draw lines. I was surprised that my son decided to keep his simple and not chop it all up into thousands of little morsels! My daughter did do small pieces, but at least she is pretty tidy.

I really like your craft table idea! How great to reuse a table that is just sitting around not being used. Having a dedicated space for kids to go to for crafts whenever they want to is such a good idea.

By the way "August" was just a kind of modern painting but they both really liked it, or maybe they both just "decided" to like it in order to pick a fight. Who knows!

Enjoy your day! We are snowed in here - no school.

Garden State Kate said...

I love the craft table idea.
Great job on the puzzles too.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

NEAT website! I love the table you set up - looks like the boys love it. I hope you had fun.

Unknown said...

Very cool idea! Thanks for sharing! I have lots of boys ruling my life too!