Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Five Year Old Brain

A friend of a friend is hosting "Tiny Talk Tuesday" - how the tiny people in our lives think and speak - I thought I'd join in as I wanted to record this anyway... ;o)


My husband and I had cute little glimpses into Will's thought processes yesterday:


Jeff and I were discussing our future house plans and deciding on how to situate the rooms so that once all the kids are gone we can close off that portion of the house (for heating/cooling purposes). Will heard that and immediately said, "No, Daddy, don't sell us!!" Bless his heart.

Another cute little thought was about germs. With the stomach bug going around our house, we were teaching Will about germs and how they can "jump" from person to person. Yesterday, Jeff was recovering from his "day off" and had a terrible headache. When Will heard this, his next question was, "Does that mean all the germs have jumped into his head?" Oh, we laughed! :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Those made me laugh!
I am glad you shared them.
I totally get the "are you going to sell us?" One time I said something, obviously not what I maybe should've said, and one of kids said to me "Does this mean you're going to sell us on Ebay?"
I felt so bad that they even thought this was possible!

LH said...

Oh, those Jumping Jerms :-)

cute!

and not to detract from your clever tot . . . .how did you make that "poll" on your blog to vote on the topic? that's nifty!

Anonymous said...

Very cute...

There's actually a toddler book called 'Germs are not for sharing'. It is part of a series of toddler books like 'Teeth are not for biting', 'Feet are not for kicking', 'Tails are not for pulling', and 'Hands are not for hiting'.

Deb W said...

I remember my parents talking about moving to the South from New Jersey, then all of a sudden, I heard them discuss whether or not they would take us. At that moment I blurted out - Please don't let anyone adopt me. My parents looked at me quite oddly as they did not see how my kindergarten mind worked, but they finally laughed and assured me they would not leave me behind. About 10 years later we actually moved and I went with thme.... and here I am....

My how precious are the minds of a child!

onemotherslove said...

How cute!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

So cracking up at these. We just had that stomach virus hit our house...maybe the germs jumped through the computer! ha ha ha!