Sunday, October 21, 2007

Children's Artwork

In this past week of blurred mayhem, there is something wonderful I do want remember... my first painting experience with the boys. Yes, I did say first. I know, how terrible is that!! Now, I've done the water paints and the "Color Wonder" paints, but never paint paint. I've always wanted to paint, but have been apprehensive about the mess. I must say, with these washable paints that are available, the mess was nothing to be scared of!!

Now, I did need a little shove in the painting direction. Mom Unplugged issued a "challenge" to do a paint project using things we find in our own backyard. That and a new Target in our area was all I needed! =) Went to Target the next day and bought paint, finger paint, and a big pad of white paper.


We painted on the front porch of our house. The nature items we used were different leaves, sticks, and acorns. We even had a little learning time when Will asked what was inside the leaves. We talked about how leaves and people both have "veins". I think next time we do this, we'll have another "learning time" about mixing colors. I'll only get out the red, yellow, and blue; we'll come up with the rest.

So, enough jabbering from me. I hope you enjoyed our first artwork in nature painting! (Oh, Nathan thought he'd use his foot and I figured he could get anymore natural than that!)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had fun with this! I especially love that last photo with Nathan's foot, too cute (and as you say - very natural).

I always need a little "shove" too, especially for messier projects. That is one of the reasons I started this whole idea. To get us going with the projects too!

Thanks for joining in and I hope you and the boys will participate next Monday also!

Tamara said...

These are great. Thanks for sharing!

Garden State Kate said...

I love that another child used a body part..my daughter kept saying my hands are "natural".