Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Kim Kim

I want to tell you about a wonderful friend from high school that many of you have heard me talk about, Kimberly Kim. It's hard to forget a name like Kim Kim! :)

She was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) about a year ago. She is in her early 30s, married to her high school sweetheart and they have one son (such a cutie!). It is unusual for ALS to strike at such a young age. I've recently received an update from her and although her spirits are good, she is not doing well physically; however, she and her family will be "Walking to D'feet ALS" on November 3rd at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, GA.

My purpose in this blog post is to invite you to sponsor or join Kim in her walk. (You can also download a donation form on the site to sponsor via "snail-mail" if you prefer.) On this page there is a picture of Kim and her son, Luke. (Told ya, what a cutie!)

She also sent me a link to a video about ALS. Every time this video is watched, donations are made to help find a cure for ALS. Please take a few minutes to watch the video. As the video says, "This disease does not discriminate." Just last year, my husband's family lost an uncle to ALS so we appreciate any help you can give, even if it is just watching the video.

I put the link to sponsor Kim and the link to watch the video on the right hand side of my blog page so that it will be easy to find in the event that you want to make watching the video a daily event for DAILY DONATIONS! :)

Please keep her family in your prayers and thanks for you support!

No comments: