Sunday, October 28, 2007

Painting of the Pumpkins

Happy Halloween!!!

This week's Unplugged Project was to have the kids paint a small pumpkin. Will and I went grocery shopping together a few days ago and he picked them out for Nathan and himself. He was very excited to hear that we were going to paint them. He told me that he was going to paint his all white. (I figured that would change when we got the paints out!)

With this painting project,I thought we'd have a little bit of fun with mixing colors. I only gave the boys red, yellow, blue, and white paints.

Will started out with the blue and yellow and had a really pretty green goin' on. Then he switched it up a bit and mixed blue and red.


Then he added some white and finished off the pumpkin in pink. It was beautiful! ;)


Nathan liked red. This is as far as he got on his "painting of the pumpkin" because...


Jeff was out there in the garage with the boys carving the big pumpkin with his roto-zip! Tools are much more interesting than paint.


I helped Nathan's pumpkin out a bit and gave it some polka dots. Happy little pumpkin!


Will wanted mean looking carved pumpkins this year - what do ya think? Are ya scared???

Boo!


Visit Unplug Your Kids for next week's "assignment"! This is great fun!

5 comments:

Tamara said...

The painted pumpkins look super. Seems like painting them in your garage is a good idea. For some reason I had the painting set up in our dining room and the stress about mess took a lot of the fun out of it for me.

Gottfredsen said...

I think all of your boys did a great job!

Garden State Kate said...

Great pupkins...we like the Jack o lanterns too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pumpkins! The color mixing idea was a good one. I like the colors that ended up on Will's pumpkin. Very pretty!

I would never have thought of carving jack o'lanterns with a power tool, what a great idea though! We may have to do it that way this year. Unfortunately, pumpkin carving is one activity that I truly do NOT enjoy. Yours are very well done!

courtcourt said...

Love the "Happy Little Pumpkin"! They look great!